City of Jasper News
DECEMBER 21, 2022
HANDY TIPS TO AVOID FROZEN PIPES THIS WINTER
Prevention is key to avoiding frozen pipes inside your home!
- Open kitchen and bathroom cabinets to allow warmer room temperatures to flow in and circulate around pipes.
- Keep water moving through your plumbing by leaving a faucet dripping.
- If you will be out of town, leave the thermostat on.
- Unhook any hoses connected to outside faucets and store them indoors or in the garage during the winter months.
- Install insulated covers over outside faucets.
- Know where the main shut off valve is in your home in case you ever need it.
- NEVER use an open flame device to thaw a frozen pipe!